Palliative Care is for people of any age, any stage of illness, whether that illness is curable, chronic, or life-threatening.
SC House Calls offers a full array of services to patients who are seeking aggressive and non-aggressive treatment. Our providers train through an extensive palliative care program and employ providers who have committed themselves to the full-time practice of palliative care in all regions of SC.
Overseen by a board-certified palliative care physician, a staff of palliative care nurse practitioners and nurses, our program can bring a supportive palliative assessment that will result in a treatment plan for the patient’s primary care provider. Our palliative providers make assessments in doctors offices, hospitals, skilled nursing homes, and patients’ private homes.
Palliative Management: The Assessment
- We provide recommendations to the primary care physician for medication and usage, and to home health, or hospice services as needed.
- An understanding of ICD10 Codes to accurately assess the patient’s risk adjustment factor.
- Advance Care Planning
- Review medical records before the scheduled visit
- Education with the patient and their families on all aspects of care:
- The physical
- The psychological
- The social
- The emotional
- The cultural
- The Spiritual
- The consideration for the patient at the end of life.
- We share an understanding of the ethical and legal aspects of care.
With over 20 years of experience in palliative care management, SC House Calls is your choice for supportive care. Contact our team to learn more about how our Palliative Care services can help you.